This tour is ideal for visitors with less time available who’d like a long weekend or mid-week Cuba trip. All our tours comply…
- Trip Includes/Excludes
This tour is ideal for visitors with less time available who’d like a long weekend or mid-week Cuba trip.
All our tours comply with US Government regulations for visit by US Citizens – please contact us for more information.
Remember, all Cuban Pioneers group tours are fully customisable! This is just an example itinerary. All private tours can be lengthened or shortened to suit your schedule, budget and interests.
This tour is half-board – breakfasts and lunches are included but evening meals and drinks are not.
As with all our private tours, this is a suggested itinerary which can be customised to suit your interests, time and budget!
- Arrival Havana airport
- Or - optional arrival at Varadero airport - flights are often much cheaper here!
- Meet and greet at airport for transfer to Havana homestay
- Check in to accommodation: Havana casa particular
- Dinner and drinks at one of Havana's top paladars (private restaurants)
- Breakfast at homestay
- Pickup in classic 1950s American convertible car for city tour (~2.5 hrs)
- During the city tour, we'll stop at the Plaza de la Revolución (Revolution Square) where Fidel Castro gave many of his famous speeches in front of an audience of millions, and location of the iconic sculpture of Che Guevara.
- We'll pass the Colon cemetery, the largest graveyard in the New World.
- We'll visit the lush green forest park hidden in the valley of the Almendares River where many Cubans go to carry out rituals of the Santeria religion, a fusion between Catholicism and African traditional beliefs brought over with slavery.
- We'll pass 5th Avenue in the exclusive Miramar district where many embassies are located.
- We'll stop at a tree-lined park which is a great spot to take pictures with (or behind the wheel of) the beautiful 1950s car.
- Head along Havana's iconic Malecón (sea wall), known as the 'sofa of the city'
- Pass the historic Hotel Nacional, favourite haunt of celebrities and gangsters through the 1930s, 40s and 50s.
- Finish up at the Capitolio, Cuba's national parliament, another landmark on the Havana skyline.
- Lunch in Havana Vieja (Old Havana), the colonial zone of the city
- Walking tour of Old Havana, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Tour includes El Templete, the spot where Havana was founded nearly 500 years ago
- Ambos Mundos hotel, Hemingway's lodging during his first years in Cuba
- El Floridita, one of Hemingways favourite bars and birthplace of the Daiquiri, one of Cuba's signature cocktails
- View the outdoor display at the Museum of the Revolution showing the yacht Granma which Fidel Castro, Che Guevara and a small band of followers used to travel to Cuba to re-start the Cuban Revolution in 1956.
- Walking tour continues as long as you wish, according to your interests and energy!
- Return to accommodation
- Dinner at another of Havana's top private restaurants. We suggest Atelier where Michelle Obama and her daughters ate during their visit to Havana.
- Breakfast at homestay
- Early morning departure to Viñales (2.5 hrs / 180 km)
- Stop at the viewpoint over the Viñales valley. Take in the outstandingly beautiful view over this area, also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Your choice of activities according to preference:
- Horseback riding through the valley
- Visit to a tobacco farm to see the cigar making process. Some of the best cigars in the world come from this region.
- Zipline canopy tour
- Guided tour of one of the many caves in the area
- Early evening return to Havana, or stay overnight in Viñales
- Early evening sunset walk with expert local guide
- Traditional Cuban family home-cooked dinner
- Check in to accommodation - casa particular
- Breakfast at homestay.
- Transfer to airport for departure.
- In case of later departures we'll be happy to advise and help to arrange activities and visits during the day according to your interests.
- Expert English/Spanish speaking guide throughout.
- Accommodation: Every night of the tour, in casa particulars, 2 or 3 pax per room. These are government-licensed and inspected private homestays, all rooms with private bathroom, towels, A/C. Some are fascinating examples of local architecture.
- Transport: To complete the itinerary. This will be in private, licensed, professionally-driven cars or microbuses depending on the group size.
- Breakfasts: for each day of the tour, except the arrival day.
- Lunch: for each day of the tour, except the arrival day
- Dinner: 1 dinner in a local homestay.
- Entrance fees to activities per itinerary